Easy to use tester for pH levels in the soil.
Preparation of Soil Sample:
- 1. Remove topsoil to depth of 50mm.
- 2. Use hand fork to loosen remaining soil, removing stones and other debris.
- 3. Mix soil with water.
Preparation of Meter:
- 1. Lightly abrade probe but not tip, with fine abrasive paper.
- 2. Wipe with cloth or tissue.
Instructions on use:
- 1. Insert probe into soil with a twisting motion.
- 2. Leave for one minute then read dial.
- 3. Remove, clean and prepare probe as previously described and repeat above by inserting the probe into a different but adjacent point to check the first reading.
- Do not leave the probe in the soil for long periods.
- Always clean the probe with cloth after use.
Assessing the Reading:
- A reading of 4 to 7 = acidic soil
- A reading of 7 to 8 = alkaline soil
To reduce acidity apply 300g/m2 of ground limestone for every 1ph increase required. To increase acidity apply 70g/m2 of sulphate of ammonia.
1 per pack